Monday, January 19, 2009

Change.

The word change must be the most overused word of the last year. I'm sick of the word personally. Sometimes change can be good, sometimes change can be bad, sometimes it's just change for change's sake. I guess we'll find out one way or another soon enough on that one. I'm tired of politics, so for me the changea I'm going to focus on are my own.

You see, my wife just got a new job. I'm really proud of her for a couple of reasons. First off, in these economic times landing a new job isn't exactly the easiest thing to do. Secondly, as a long term career move I think she's on a track to do some pretty great things. Her last job was in the housing industry and we all know how that's been going for the last year or so. All her close interaction with home buyers, contractors and industry people had her seeing this current crisis coming at least 6 years ago and all of her predictions pretty much came true. We were surprised it took this long to blow up.

Only one problem, her new job has some crazy hours and it's gonna take some major changes on my part to keep a training program going. If you happened to be at any races I've been to over the last year you've probably seen her and my two daughters cheering me on. It's great having them there, but they're still young and must come before any of my own ambitions and hobbies. What this means for me is I'm going to have to ride smarter if I'm to have any success this year. It's looking like early morning rides and late night rides for me. We're trying to work out a way to free up weekends but that's all up in the air as well.

Anyway, change can be good. I'm hoping so.

No comments: