Thursday, October 30, 2008

Last Group Ride of the Year.

With a saddle sore and a heavy heart I did our last group ride of the year tonight. First off, I wanna say thanks to Marc, Howard, Pete, and Clark for being a big part of my return to bike racing this year and riding seriously again. Of course, they aren't the only ones I enjoy riding with over there, but they're the ones that push me week in week out with a friendly yet competitive spirit that makes the whole experience a joy. I mean that. Thanks guys.

That said, they kicked my arse out there tonight. I got dropped at the tail end of one section, and barely hung on at the end to finish with Marc and Clark. I'm not gonna complain though. Riding only once or twice a week just doesn't work for me and I could feel a real lack of fitness out there. I'm gonna take it easy like this, 2 or 3 rides a week until December, before starting over for next year. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: