Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The Quickie.

I think my wife felt a bit guilty about last night's fiasco so when I got home she asked if I was going for a ride. I had originally planned on a night off, but since she was giving permission I decided to go out for an hour or so. Well, anyway, it felt great. I actually felt kinda strong and was flying out there. I did some hard extended efforts with some rest in between. It was a short yet productive ride. If I feel this good tomorrow and the weather holds up I'm gonna debut the new bike for the group ride and try pushing the pace. We'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

Buzz de Cafe said...

dammit. i slept in this morning instead of getting up and doing a little lifting. Well, i guess sleep is an important part of training too, right? Right?

John P. said...

Ahhhh Recovery. What's that? Sleep/Diet/Exercise not necessarily in that order are all key.

Chrispy said...

Rest is the most important part of training. It's when muscles get stronger. They get weaker during the exercise.