Sunday, November 23, 2008

101K Has a Nice Sound To It.

It's been awhile since my last ride so today I woke up raring to go. Yesterday my two daughters, wife and I did a little road trip north and east of home and ended up crossing over into York County, Pennsylvania. Mae was getting hungry so I started to look for a place to eat. We spotted this kinda cool looking building in Brogue, PA with a Restaurant Sign on it. About a mile past I thought maybe we should turn around and give it a try. When we got to the front door there was sign saying "Today is Our Last Day." So we went in to find what looked very similar to a Cracker Barrel Restaurant. Turns out the restaurant section had closed last month and they were liquidating everything in the general store area. 50+% off everything. We got some good deals including a few bottles of maple syrup, which I love but it's usually way too expensive for the good stuff. My wife asked when the store was closing. The nice lady at the cash register said 3pm, it was now 2:45pm. Funny how things happen. We just happened to catch the end of a little era there in that store/restaurant.

Back to today's ride: I made some pancakes for breakfast and used some of that roasted walnut maple syrup we picked up yesterday(Yummy!) figuring that would be a good fuel for a longer ride. Above is the route I took, roughly 3-1/2 hours of fairly easy riding. Great roads, nice weather, and plenty of time to think about everything and nothing in particular. Around 63 miles total, but doesn't "over 100K" sound so much better?

5 comments:

Chris Pszeniczny said...

Pretty good John.

Lance did 105 miles today. I wonder what his pace is like on a ride like that?

John P. said...

I knew I should have went further! I was feeling really good out there.

His pace, probably depends on where he was riding, but I bet his pace on my ride today would've been in the low 20mph range.

Chris Pszeniczny said...

It would be cool if he posted more info on his rides. Like all the numbers from a Garmin. Supposedly he planned on doing something like that but whether it happens or not remains to be seen.

John P. said...

Chris, where did you find his ride info from today?

Chris Pszeniczny said...

http://twitter.com/lancearmstrong