Saturday, December 20, 2008

Finding New Roads.

Today's ride was all about looking for new roads and I found some good ones. I wanted to do Piney Grove's steep hill but after that it was all pretty much new except the last part near home. Once I crossed over 30 I headed into farm country just to the east of Westminster. I can't believe I haven't ridden these roads before. There are a lot of short steep climbs on relatively traffic free smooth roads. Just outside of Westminster I started heading south until I got to route 32 and the Royal Farms for a quick coffee stop. After that I caught a terrible chill and the downhill sections towards Eldersburg didn't help to warm me up. I ended up by not coming straight home across the reservoir so I could put some extra time and miles in.

Totals: 4.5 hours of riding. Moderate tempo. felt really good, but a little cold.

No comments: