Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Long and Sunny Ride.

It was a busy week at work so I was itching (like always) to get out there on the road (indoor riding sucks) and unwind. I decided to take a similar route to last Saturday's ride with a couple more hills and distance added here and there. This one's got around 3050ft of climbing with nothing really steep or long except for that short 18% stretch on Piney Grove. Perfect for this time of year really. I went pretty easy with a few harder efforts on some of the hills and just over 4 hours of riding. The last 15 miles or so were kinda hard for me and I felt like I was nearing a bonk, but all ended fine. I've been trying to watch my weight after last month's food bender and only carrying water on the bike takes it outta ya. I saw some fellow Kelly Benefits guys riding the other way over near Greenspring, some more riders out in Boring and one or two over by I83. Here's hoping tomorrow is as nice as today.

Added Note: My camera phone was stolen last year at the gym, but I'm thinking it's time to get another one so I can take pics and some video during these rides. The scenery out there today was just beautiful. It would be cool to share some of the views.

No comments: