Monday, December 15, 2008

One of Those Days.

Have you ever set out on a ride and just new from the start that it was gonna be a good day? I get those once in awhile and had one today so I went hard to see how it would go. There was a fierce headwind out on Marriottsville whacking me in the face but I got in the drops and plowed through it. Then on the way back it seemed like the wind shifted and blasted me again in the face across the reservoir and the rest of the way home. It didn't matter. Now, I know my average speed, elapsed time for this route and average heart rate are only so accurate in telling how I did when there's weather and wind variables to take into account. A power meter would be a great way to see how it "really" went. Ah, that would be great, especially when trying to see how things are progressing over time, but I don't have one of those. What I can do is try to figure out what circumstances over the last few days or weeks got me to have "One of those days." Something I'd have to figure out even if I did have a power meter. So that's the question.

No comments: