Sunday, May 11, 2008

It doesn't get easier, you just get faster.

Well the weekend started out nice anyway. Yesterday I did one of my longer loops of 65 miles. With the really nice tailwind heading back I was able to do it in just over 3 hours. Not too bad riding alone. That finished off one of my better weeks of riding of the year so far. Greg LeMond said something I thought about quite a bit on that ride. He said it doesn't get easier, you just get faster. Since I don't use a computer on my bike I'm gonna have to just guess I'm getting faster, because it sure isn't getting easier.

Today my wife had to work (On Mother's Day?!) so it was just the girls and me. I got to watch some of the Giro online. It was so disappointing seeing Dave Zabriskie's crash. I hope he's ok. My wife got home and the rain started. I was in no mood to ride in the rain so that's pretty much it. This week I have my training mapped out so that Tuesday will be my last hard riding day of the week, with a nice taper until next Saturday's race. Hope all goes well.

No comments: