Monday, May 19, 2008

Keeping Focused.

Yesterday's race went alright, but there's plenty of room for improvement. I got up feeling pretty lazy today and when the rain came I almost felt relieved, telling myself I had an excuse not to get out there and ride. A trip to the bookstore is always a great motivator for me. All the bicycling magazines, books on training, racing,... not to mention all the other good books I wanna read. Sometimes it's the small things like that is what it takes to put things back in order.

After a much needed mid-afternoon nap, I noticed the sun was starting to pop through the clouds. 5pm, I've gotta get my ass in gear and on the bike. Wet roads and two hours of easy recovery riding later I felt great. I've got three more races between now and the big race on my calendar this year, so it's time to get back to training, work on my weaknesses, and most importantly,...

Stay Focused!

Of course, that's on top of trying to be a good Dad, Husband, doing well at work and keep the freelance work coming in. Riding, Racing and being in shape is fun, but it's not everything.

No comments: