Monday, July 07, 2008

Way to go Garmin Chipotle!

Today's Tour finish to me was one for the ages for several reasons. The Breakaway lasted, Will Frischkorn of Garmin Chipotle took off at the start (2km) and lasted till the end, and that absolutely UGLY sprint reminded me of myself!

You just knew the first three riders were all deathly afraid of the sprint by the way they attacked and attacked in the last 3k. Samuel Dumoulin won the "sprint" eventually, but all anyone really saw was three suffering guys pedaling squares for what seemed like eternity. I believe Will could've had the win if he started his "sprint" earlier. Samuel was dying fast out there.

3rd place finisher Romain Feillu took the Yellow Jersey away from Valverde, at least for today. I bet he's walking on air right now.

No comments: