Sunday, June 15, 2008

Astana TTT Contest Wrap.

I finally got a chance to take a closer look at the stuff I won in the Astana Tour de Georgia TTT Contest. Here's how the whole thing went down.

I was watching the Tour de Georgia online and wanted to do some research on Team Astana. That's when I found out they were running a contest on their website. What they wanted was for people to guess Astana's elapsed time in the TTT on the Road Atlanta Race Course. Well, I happen to be a car racing fan and know that Road Atlanta has some pretty nasty little hills. Time's are not going to be "that" fast. They set it up to be a 10 mile TTT. Ofcourse, Astana has one of the world's best time trial riders in Levi Leipheimer. The way he completely crushed everyone in the last time trial of last year's Tour de France proved that. But this is a team time trial, he'll have be dragging some asses around the course.


Anyway, my guess was that they'd do it in 19:40:12. They ended up crossing the line at 19:40:27. I was less than 1/5th of a second off! I kinda figured I had a good chance with that guess.

Sure enough, they emailed me the next day to congratulate me. I wasn't exactly sure what they were going to send but I'm pretty happy with the stuff I received in the mail earlier this week. It included signed player cards from the riders in the Tour de Georgia, player cards from the rest of the team, A signed issue of Velo News with Levi's picture on the cover. I bike number card from this year's Three Days of de Panne. Aaron Kemp's to be exact, and an Astana rubber band to hold them all together. Pretty Cool! Especially for just guessing a ttt time.

I'm going to take all this to a friend on my club who owns a framing business to see if he can make it into something nice for my office wall. I'm not really a memorabilia collector, but now I might just start.

No comments: