Saturday, June 07, 2008

Camping in the Small Chainring

At work today (yesterday, I just looked at the clock) my ass was dragging. Coffee couldn't even lift me out of that falling asleep while walking down the hall feeling. Thursday's group ride had me trying to climb with the rail thin guys, and sprinting with the way faster than me guys so today it was about staying awake, plain and simple.

I got home, changed into a pair of 20+ year old cycling shorts, with real chamois, that were so worn out and thin I had to wear shorts over them to cover spots. All my other shorts were to be washed and they were all I had left. It was tough going out there but I did manage to get in a couple hours of riding, and actually everything started feeling better by the end. Everything except my ass that is.

Those shorts have to go.

No comments: