Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Cows, Horses, Deer, and Empty Roads.

This cool sunny weather is so perfect for riding it's scary. Today I got 3 hours (60+ hard miles) in on some great roads. Hills, farms, hundreds of cows, 10's of horses, 20-30 deer and even a few other cyclists. The best part is there are hardly any cars. Training Nirvana!

I also think I found something in my diet that is really helping with sore muscles. I haven't felt this good in years, even after a hard ride. hmmm. Race this weekend and I haven't tapered at all, but that doesn't matter. I'm having fun.

Side Note: My bike is falling apart.

2 comments:

Chris Pszeniczny said...

The best thing that I have found to reduce sore muscles is soaking in a cold creek for 20-30 minutes after a work out.

John P. said...

Yep. I heard the same thing. You are lucky though, you have a nice ice cold creek nearby. I don't.