Tuesday, April 08, 2008

LeMond and Trek. hmmm.

Today we learned that Greg LeMond's mouth is supposedly the reason behind Trek wanting to dissolve their relationship with LeMond Bicycles. You see, Greg is an outspoken anti-doping in cycling advocate, while Trek has aligned itself firmly behind Lance Armstrong. Trek says it's hurting sales. There is speculation that Lance may be behind some of this current situation. 

I'm a big fan of Greg LeMond, ever since I was a kid watching those great battles in the mountains and streets of France in the 1980's.  I was lucky enough to see him and Lauren Fignon in the Tour DuPont back in the day also. I hope Greg figures a way to continue making bicycles after Trek has left. I like his bikes, but wish he'd thicken up the font in his logo.

I hear Trek wants to concentrate on Klein bikes now. Good Luck, but I'm starting to get the feeling there won't be a Trek in my future with all that's going on over there.

Tonight's Training: Intervals. I did 6 gut wrenching 1 minute all out jumps with 4 minute tempo/rest between. The last two were tough. 30 minutes warm-up on the track, 35 minutes on the bike with intervals. 20 minutes rowing. 30 minutes on the elliptical. Tomorrow I want to do 50+ miles of easy riding. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

KMAX said...

I used to think Trek was the only bike I'd ever ride or own. Now, I don't even own one and have no desire to do so. I don't like the stigma that goes along with a trek. They are good bikes and all but they've almost turned into the super high end Schwinn or Huffy in my eyes.

John P. said...

Agreed kmax. I used to be a trek fan, now, I'm not so sure.