Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Lights are On.

It was light out when I left work tonight. Yeah!!!!!!! That's the first time that's happened in what seems to be an eternity. It can only mean one thing. No, I didn't cut out of work early, it means Spring is right around the corner and I'll be able to ride after work. I can't wait for that to happen. That's one of the great things about seasons, they always give you something to look forward to.


That brings me to something else that's been on my mind lately. City/Commuter style bikes. There's something about them that is becoming really appealing to me. Sometimes I just wanna hop on my bike and run over to the liquor store for a six-pack, or over to the grocery store for a couple odds and ends. This kind of bike would be ideal if I put a couple racks on it. Even my wife brought up the idea the other day that she wouldn't mind riding. Now that would be something. You see, the last two times she's ridden a bike, (12 year span) ended in a bad accident the first time, and a bunch of scared tourists fleeing from her path the second time.

This Jamis Commuter 3 looks about perfect in the limited time I've been researching them. It's got an 8 speed Shimano Nexus drivetrain, suspension seat, upright position, fenders, etc,... It looks about right for her. Maybe I outta start saving up for one. It sure would be nice to see her give riding another shot, and if she can't handle it, it'll make a great bike for me to ride to work.

Tonights Workout: 2 miles on the track warm-up. Bike: Intervals. 6x2 minute blasts with a 3 minute spinning rest between each. 5 minutes rowing, 30 minutes on the elliptical, 1 mile warm-down on the track.

Totals: 2 hours, 15 minutes. 1800+ calories.

No comments: