Monday, February 25, 2008

More About The Weekend.

During Lunch Break, I made my daily trip over to GamJams to see how the "Training" race over the weekend went, and all the other fun stuff that goes on there. Up until the middle of last week, I was contemplating doing the race myself, but one thing led to another and bam, I'm out riding alone on Sunday again. I'm not complaining though, it's a long year ahead.

Reading this, this and this brings back some fond memories of my own racing days and all the turmoil that happens in the peloton. Thanks for the entertaining read guys.

Now, my ride Sunday. I think it gave me a pretty good indication of the shape I'm in and what I have to do. 4+ hours in the saddle has a way of giving your body plenty of chances to show and tell where you are weak and where there's progress. I'm not going to go into it here, but it's nice knowing there is some progress, my weight is coming down to a place where it needs to be, (wife says I'm too thin) and I am still having fun out there, which is key. A bad wreck in a race, spending too much time at it, and not having fun anymore was why I quit racing years ago and I'd prefer that not to happen this time around. Actually, I know I won't as now I'm a slow old guy with nothing to prove to anyone but myself, rather than a young guy full of potential. Have fun.

No comments: