Sunday, January 13, 2008

Flat Tire Ride.

I got up early today because it's supposed to rain/snow later. I was feeling a bit tired from yesterday's ride, but tired in a good way. Finally got on the road by 10:45 and sure enough, I could feel today was gonna be a long slow day, just spin and enjoy the scenery. About 15 miles in a couple guys caught me on a hill, one was from the Chesapeake Wheelmen from the jersey he had on. I followed them for about a mile before they turned right. I'm proud of myself for resisting the urge to smoke them up that hill and just letting them pass. At about the 25 mile point I hit something really nasty in the road because it took a big chunk of rubber out of my rear tire and I flatted. It's been a really long time since that's happened so I guess I was due.

Anyway, It still felt good to get out and ride before the storm hits. Still feeling really sluggish on the hills, but I have noticed that on the rollers I was able to power my way over them a bit better. I wouldn't say I'm getting in any kind of shape yet, but still, something clicked for the first time, even though today was all about going slow. Overall a good ride, except for the flat.

No comments: